Most Frequent Questions and Answers
When do I need infusion therapy? Why is my doctor ordering infusion therapy instead of prescribing oral medication?
- infusion therapies may be ordered by your physician at any time for many different reasons. Intravenous therapy has an advantage over oral medications.
- some medications exist only in an intravenous form while other medications absorb more rapidly when given subcutaneous, intramuscular, or intravenous, enhancing their action versus when they are given orally.
- A comfortable atmosphere with highly skilled healthcare providers who are dedicated to providing personal attention and care.
- We offer wireless computer access, televisions, warm blankets, and beverages.
- For your comfort, you may bring multi-media devices (smartphone, tablet, ipad, etc), a book or newspaper to read, and your own personal pillow or blanket. Family or friends may accompany you to your appointment.
- A complete list of your medications, including the drug names, dosages and the time(s) you take them
- A complete list of your medical history as well as your surgical history
- Insurance cards and driver’s license or valid photo identification
- Insurance referrals and/or authorizations
- Some restrictions may apply to the amount of family and friends allowed per patient
- Book/newspaper to read
- Knitting/crochet materials
- Comfortable clothes
- A sweater (if you tend to get chilly)
- We strive to fulfill our mission by ensuring the very best in care, the most experienced health care professionals, excellence and innovation in technology, comprehensive treatment programs and so much more. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible health care.
- It is important that you help us to give you the care you want and need by asking us questions when you don’t understand something or need more information, and encouraging your family, with your permission, to do the same. If at any time during your stay your experience falls short of our commitment, please tell us right away. Giving us the opportunity to respond to your concerns offers us the best chance of
- Achieving our goal of outstanding patient satisfaction. (we also appreciate when you let us know that we’ve done well.)
- If you have questions, comments, or if you cannot find the information that you are looking for in this site, please call us at 702-825-4900